Thursday 22 August 2013

Guest Review


I luckily met another friend, Lena, who also bought a home via Property of Company Friends, Inc, also known as ProFriends, but she bought a home at Carmona Estates (I bought in Lancaster New City). Also, she backed out after 4 months of paying into her deposit. Here’s her story:

“My husband and I planned to buy a home for quite some time. We chose Carmona Estates since that project was nearer to his relative’s place in Cavite. We planned on how we were going to go to and from work in Makati. He would drop me off first. When it’s time to go home, I would walk to his office (it’s not too far) and we would go home together. If ever we finally move in to our new Carmona Estates home (Pines), I would finally focus on taking care of Leo, our 3-year-old son. I could set up an online business or maybe look for a part-time online job while doing so. It was a nice plan which we were looking forward to.

But just after paying the third month for our soon-to-be home, Leo was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. It runs in my husband’s family but I never thought it would be carried on to such a young age through our son. I feel bad that my son will to go through such a disease at a very young age. I cried for days. Every now and then, I still feel sorry for him. But my husband was right. We need to be strong for him because crying won’t do anything.

I quit my job because I wanted to focus on taking care of Leo. But that meant that my husband has to shoulder all the finances. There was no choice but to give up on Carmona Estates in order to pay for the hospital and medical bills. Around the time before we have to pay for the 4th month, we wrote a formal letter that states about our plan to back out and ask for a refund due to the medical issues we have.

I personally went to the PCFI office and submitted the letter along with Leo’s test results, medical certificate, bills and receipts as proof that my reason to back out is true. I thought it would be a struggle for them to understand but they quickly did and sympathized with me (or was it because I was getting teary-eyed at one point?). They told me they would process the refund ASAP but I wouldn’t be able to get it back 100%.I was okay with it long as we get an approval for refund and we could use some of the money for Leo.

I am thankful to Pro Friends for understanding our situation. I am also thankful that even if Leo has Type 1 diabetes, it’s still far better than having a much worse disease or illness.”
I sympathize with Lena and her baby Leo and I am also happy for them for successfully getting a refund. I wish them all the best and hope they can overcome this health problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment