Wednesday 21 August 2013

Pro Friends – Processes and Refunds


As you all know, we just started to pay for a Property Company of Friends, Inc or PROFRIENDS home. We have submitted initial requirements, paid the discounted reservation fee (P5000) and just started paying for the down payment monthly installment. I am bothered at how some people claim that Pro Friends work slowly. But upon observing some questions and complaints online, I think they’re slow in processing issues like cancellation and refund. Well aren’t most companies or establishments like that? Yes, it’s sad but these companies are always busy and have so many complaints and processes to handle.

Allow me to briefly relay my experience when it comes to refunding. I used to have an iPhone 4 through this big Philippine telco. I subscribed for plan P1800 and paid P9900 as the down payment for the phone plus another P1800 for 1 month advance. Just two weeks after getting my unit, the front cam failed. I never dropped or damaged my brand new phone because I know it’s expensive. I had to surrender the phone and wait two weeks for replacement. Shortly after getting the replacement, I realized that there was an audio problem with the phone. I didn’t want to wait another two weeks for a replacement so I asked for a refund instead. I got angry because it’s such a hassle to wait a long time in their store to get served; it’s such a hassle to wait two weeks for a replacement phone; and it’s such a hassle to re-download apps and calibrate/customize the phone settings again and again. Guess how long it took me to get my P9900 refund? Two months! And I wasn’t able to get my 1 month advance back. This is why I never trust mobile phones from telecommunications companies anymore.

That was just a mobile phone and subscription. What more if it was a house? Profriends allow cancellation and refunds long as the reason for such is credible. Just submit a letter detailing why you need (not want) to cancel/refund. I heard they have refunded before for some people who have had their phase and lot altered.

Save yourself from the stresses of it all. Do not sign up if you are not really convinced in getting a home. There are those who really have credible excuses like using the money for health reasons, etc. This is home building we’re talking about; not just a simple mobile phone or whatever. Without your funding, the homes that are being built for you will just suddenly stop. It’s hard to finish the project overall if many buyers would just suddenly cancel or refund without a strong reason. I’m not blaming anyone here or what. I’m just saying that please think about the consequences of your actions. When you ask for more requests, it adds more to the delay of everything. Instead of the rest of us, fellow buyers, getting our homes on time, we will be getting it late and leads us to frustration as well. Also, like what happened to me in my iPhone refund, you may not get 100% of your money back. That’s a waste, right?











No comments:

Post a Comment